I was incredibly privileged to have access to the outdoors as a child. Not only did my childhood home have a backyard, we were also nestled along rolling hills that bordered a State Park. Coyotes, horses, opossums, and mountain lions roamed those hills and so did I—I can thank my father and pápa (grandpa) for that. My father grew up hunting with his dad and he took us kids camping even as infants.
My father loved planting, saving the tadpoles from drought, and nurturing a sense of curiosity in all of us. This blossomed into something completely unexpected in my life and in the life of my family, to be honest. After university, I found myself in Yosemite National Park, living, working, and meeting people leading incredible alternative lifestyles. The pursuit of betterment through ultrarunning, rock climbing, and backcountry adventure has now become the very fabric of my life. These activities provide purpose and place for my writing as much as they provide purpose and place for my physical self. They also connect me deeply with the land — it is like getting to know a long lost relative.
- Canyon X Trail Half Marathon, Navajo Nation. 1st Overall Female. 2019.
- Sanitarado: A linkup of the Boulder Skyline with Eldorado Mountain. 22 miles, 8400 ft of gain, 6h 49m 55s. Supported.
- Reno to Rose: A one-way trek from the downtown Reno Arch to the summit of Mt. Rose. ~19 miles, 6988 ft of gain, 5h 59m 44s. Supported.
- Boy Scout Trail: An out-and-back route in Joshua Tree NP. ~16 miles, 1800 ft of gain, 2h 36m 19s. Unsupported.
- Cactus to Clouds to Cactus (C2C2C): An out-and-back from Palm Springs to Mt. San Jacinto Summit. ~29 miles, 10,988 ft of gain, 9h 42m 50s. Unsupported.
- Dead Horse Ultra, 30k trail. 2nd Overall Female. 2018.
- High Sierra Camp Loop: A linkup of the backcountry camps in Yosemite NP. 49 miles, 8000 ft of gain, 12h 22m 32s. Self-supported.
- Yosemite Valley Loop: A loop around the Yosemite Valley floor, including Mirror Lake. 20.7 miles, 1400 ft of gain, 3h 24m 49s. Unsupported.
- Wind River High Route: A traverse across the Wind River Range, south to north. ~112 miles, 33,000 ft of gain, 3d 17h 20m. Supported.
View achievements on the fastest known time website.
Recent Training Adventures
Follow me on STRAVA!
- Poleta to Bristlecone Pine. 11 miles, 6700 ft of gain, 3h 37m 20s.
- 2nd Flatiron times twelve. 16+ miles, 10,000 ft of gain, 7h 44m.
- Pikes Peak ascent. 12.5 miles, 7500 ft of gain, 4h 2m.
- Niwot Ridge+. 21.5 miles, 5400 ft of gain, 8h.
- Boulder Skyline + Mesa Trail + Home. 30.5 miles, 7600 ft of gain, 9.5h.
- Lumpy Ridge Loop, time trial. ~10.5 miles, 2500 ft of gain, 1h 56m 52s.
- Ruby Ridge Loop. 17 miles, 6900 ft of gain, 7h 56m.
- Dirty Bismark Loop, time trial. 15.3 miles, 1014 ft of gain, 2h 16m 38s.
I’ve been climbing since 2009 with most of my experiences in the West (CA, UT, CO). Though, I have climbed a teeny bit in Chile and Canada.
- Trad bests: 5.11 – Indian Creek, UT / 5.10d – Yosemite NP
- Sport bests: 5.12a – Boulder Canyon, CO / 5.12b indoor
- Linkups: FOBIAD (Five Open Books in a day) – Yosemite NP
- Personal speed records: Royal Arches, Yosemite NP, 2 hr simul ascent / Tenaya Peak, YNP, 2 hr simul ascent