I was undeniably privileged to have access to the outdoors as a child. Not only did my childhood home have a backyard, we were also nestled along rolling hills that bordered a State Park. Coyotes, horses, opossums, and mountain lions roamed those hills and so did I. My father grew up hunting with his dad and so he was adamant about taking us kids camping even as infants.
My father loved planting, saving the tadpoles from drought, and nurturing a sense of curiosity in all of us. This blossomed into something completely unexpected in my life and in the life of my family, to be honest. After graduating from the University of CA Riverside, I found myself as a cashier in Yosemite National Park, living, working, and meeting people leading lifestyles I had no knowledge about. Thus, a saga of knowing oneself through ultrarunning, rock climbing, and backcountry adventure had begun. These methods of movement provide purpose and place for my writing as much as they provide purpose and place for my physical body, and for the learning and acknowledgment of my mixed heritage.
TEAMS & UPCOMING EVENTS
- 2021-2023 ReNew Earth Running Team
- Kendall Mountain Run, July 9, 2023. 12 Miler.
- Kennebec Mountain Run, August 5, 2023. 15 Miler.
- Run the Rut 50k | 30th female, 15th Age Group. Sept 2022. 8h 39m 49s. 10,300 ft of gain.
- Fundraiser: raised $609 for ReNewEarthRunning
- Missoula Half Marathon | 67th female, 13th Age Group. June 2022. 1h 44m 17s.
- RunningUpForAir | Staunton Rocks CO, 6-HOUR. 6th Female. Feb 2022. 3 laps, 27 miles.
- Fundraiser: raised $410 for RUFA
- Telluride Mountain Run, 40 Miler | 9th Female, 42nd overall. Aug 2021. 14h 4m 19s.
- Fundraiser: raised $578 for ReNewEarthRunning
- Canyon X Trail Half Marathon | Navajo Nation. 1st Female, 7th Overall. Oct 2019. 1h 57m 49s.
- Dead Horse Ultra, 30k | 2nd Female, 24th Overall. Nov 2018. 2h 30m 26s.
- Wind River Peak: Via the loop version, which summits the tallest 13er in the southern region of the Wind River Range. ~31 miles, 6800 ft of gain, 8h 21m 31s. Unsupported. Eastern Shoshone, Northern Arapaho, Crow, Cheyenne.
- La Luz Trail: A one-way ascent that takes you to the Sandia Mountain ridge and ends at the Upper Tram building. ~7.5 miles, 3400 ft of gain, 1h 42m 47s. Unsupported. Pueblos, Tigua (Tiwa), Piro, Ute.
- Tutokanula (El Capitan): An out-and-back of the trail that summits the Yosemite monolith. ~14 miles, 5000 ft of gain, 3h 31m 51s. Unsupported. Northern Paiute, Southern Sierra Miwok, Ahwahnechee.
- Utah Triple Crown: A loop of Utah’s three tallest peaks, all 13’ers. ~30 miles, 7400 ft of gain, 10h 54m 1s. Unsupported. Eastern Shoshone, Ute, Goshute, Shoshone-Bannock.
- Valley Escape, Yosemite: A point-to-point linkup from Camp 4 to Tioga Road. ~9.2 miles, 4800 ft of gain, 2h 25m 43s. Unsupported. Northern Paiute, Southern Sierra Miwok, Ahwahnechee.
- Star Peak, NV: An out-and-back of the dirt road that summits Star Peak. ~11.6 miles, 4200 ft of gain, 2h 25m 41s. Unsupported. Northern Paiute.
- Sanitarado: A linkup of the Boulder Skyline with Eldorado Mountain. ~22 miles, 8400 ft of gain, 6h 49m 55s. Supported. Arapaho, Cheyenne, Ute.
- Reno to Rose: A one-way trek from the downtown Reno Arch to the summit of Mt. Rose. ~19 miles, 6988 ft of gain, 5h 59m 44s. Supported. Washoe, Northern Paiute.
- Boy Scout Trail: An out-and-back route in Joshua Tree NP. ~16 miles, 1800 ft of gain, 2h 36m 19s. Unsupported. Serrano, Western Shoshone. Chemehuevi.
- Cactus to Clouds to Cactus (C2C2C): An out-and-back from Palm Springs to Mt. San Jacinto Summit. ~29 miles, 10,988 ft of gain, 9h 42m 50s. Unsupported. Cahuilla.
- High Sierra Camp Loop: A linkup of the backcountry camps in Yosemite NP. 49 miles, 8000 ft of gain, 12h 22m 32s. Self-supported. Northern Paiute, Central Sierra Miwok, Western Mono/Monache.
- Yosemite Valley Loop: A loop around the Yosemite Valley floor, including Mirror Lake. 20.7 miles, 1400 ft of gain, 3h 24m 49s. Unsupported. Northern Paiute, Southern Sierra Miwok, Ahwahnechee.
- Wind River High Route: A traverse across the Wind River Range, south to north. ~112 miles, 33,000 ft of gain, 3d 17h 20m. Supported. Eastern Shoshone, Northern Arapaho, Crow, Cheyenne.
View on the fastest known time website.
Notable Training Adventures
Follow me on STRAVA for up-to-date/day-to-day training!
- Keyhole Route. 14.3 miles, 5200 ft of gain, 6h 41m.
- Mummy Mania. 17.8 miles, 5800 ft of gain, 7h 25m.
- BS Skyline. 24.6 miles, 8000 ft of gain, 8h 5m.
- Mt. Dana. 5.6 miles, 3000 ft of gain, 1h 50m.
- Mt. Massive via Nolan’s Route. 14 miles, 4800 ft of gain, 4h 53m.
- Pacer for friend’s Silverton 100k. 30 miles, 7400 ft of gain, 8h 25m.
- Poleta to Bristlecone Pine. 11 miles, 6700 ft of gain, 3h 37ms.
- 2nd Flatiron 12-times. 16+ miles, 10,000 ft of gain, 7h 44m.
- Pikes Peak ascent. 12.5 miles, 7500 ft of gain, 4h 2m.
- Niwot Ridge+. 21.5 miles, 5400 ft of gain, 8h.
- Lumpy Ridge Loop, time trial. ~10.5 miles, 2500 ft of gain, 1h 56m 52s.
- Ruby Ridge Loop. 17 miles, 6900 ft of gain, 7h 56m.
I’ve been climbing since 2009 with most of my experiences in the West (CA, UT, CO). Though, I have climbed a teeny bit in Chile and Canada.
- Trad bests: 5.11 – Indian Creek, UT / 5.10d – Yosemite NP
- Sport bests: 5.12a – Boulder Canyon, CO / 5.12b indoor
- Linkups: FOBIAD (Five Open Books in a day) – Yosemite NP
- Personal speed records: Royal Arches, Yosemite NP, 2 hr simul ascent / Tenaya Peak, YNP, 2 hr simul ascent
Modeling/hired talent portfolio images and info can be found at the bottom of my Portfolio page.
Have questions? Seeking partnership?
Please Note: I will not respond to solicitations regarding my contract work with OutdoorGearLab, including but not limited to: advertisements, media-related product releases, or general inquiries about OGL processes –> About OGL.