I was incredibly privileged to have access to the outdoors as a child. Not only did my childhood home have a backyard, we were also nestled along rolling hills that bordered a State Park. Coyotes, horses, opossums, and mountain lions roamed those hills and so did I—I can thank my father and pápa (grandpa) for that. My father grew up hunting with his dad and he took us kids camping even as infants.
My father loved planting, saving the tadpoles from drought, and nurturing a sense of curiosity in all of us. This blossomed into something completely unexpected in my life and in the life of my family, to be honest. After university, I found myself in Yosemite National Park. Running and climbing had taken me beyond casual recreation to the dismay of societal and cultural tradition. The pursuit of betterment through ultrarunning, rock climbing, and backcountry adventure has now become the very fabric of my life. These activities provide purpose and place for my writing as much as they provide purpose and place for my physical self.
- Canyon X Trail Half Marathon, Navajo Nation. 1st Overall Female. 2019.
- Sanitarado: A linkup of the Boulder Skyline with Eldorado Mountain. 22 miles, 8491 ft of gain, 6h 49m 55s. Supported.
2020 Planned FKT Attempts
- Cactus to Clouds to Cactus (C2C2C): A trailhead to trailhead venture up San Jacinto Mountain in CA. ~28 miles, 10.5k of gain.
- El Capitan: TH to TH. ~14 miles, 4600 ft of gain.
- Tenaya Canyon Rim Loop. ~27 miles, 8800 ft of gain.
- Dead Horse Ultra, 30k trail. 2nd Overall Female. 2018.
- High Sierra Camp Loop: A linkup of the backcountry camps in Yosemite NP. 49 miles, 8054 ft of gain, 12h 22m 32s. Self-supported.
- Yosemite Valley Loop: A loop around the Yosemite Valley floor, including Mirror Lake. 20.7 miles, 1447 ft of gain, 3h 24m 49s. Unsupported.
- Wind River High Route: A traverse across the Wind River Range, south to north. ~112 miles, 33k of gain, 3d 17h 20m. Supported.
Recent Training Adventures
Follow me on STRAVA!
- 2nd Flatiron times twelve. 16+ miles, 10,000 ft of gain, 7h 44m.
- Pikes Peak ascent. 12.5 miles, 7500 ft of gain, 4h 2m.
- Niwot Ridge+. 21.5 miles, 5400 ft of gain, 8h.
- Boulder Skyline + Mesa Trail + Home. 30.5 miles, 7600 ft of gain, 9.5h.
- Lumpy Ridge Loop, time trial. ~10.5 miles, 2500 ft of gain, 1h 56m 52s.
- Ruby Ridge Loop. 17 miles, 6900 ft of gain, 7h 56m.
- Dirty Bismark Loop, time trial. 15.3 miles, 1014 ft of gain, 2h 16m 38s.
I’ve been climbing since 2009 with most of my experiences in the West (CA, UT, CO). Though, I have climbed a teeny bit in Chile and Canada.
- Trad bests: 5.11 – Indian Creek, UT / 5.10d – Yosemite NP
- Sport bests: 5.12a – Boulder Canyon, CO / 5.12b indoor
- Linkups: FOBIAD (Five Open Books in a day) – Yosemite NP
- Personal speed records: Royal Arches, Yosemite NP, 2 hr simul ascent / Tenaya Peak, YNP, 2 hr simul ascent